You pass by them all the time, maybe grab a book or two here and there, but do you REALLY know all that our libraries in Jackson County have to offer? We are lucky to have some GREAT libraries! Check out the amazing programs and services our libraries offer (in addition to, of course, a wonderful selection of books):
All of our libraries offer the following through PINES:
- Online language learning through Mango Languages
- eRead Kids- ebooks for children
- Access to ABC Mouse (at the library only)
- Free admission to Zoo Atlanta for up to 4 people (after viewing the special zoo video!)
- Passes for free admission & parking to most of Georgia's state parks
- Free or discounted rates to many museums and educational venues across the state
- Online legal forms
Library Locations & Additional Services
Braselton location offers a variety of storytimes and special events that vary by month. See below for February 2020's calendar. You can always check out their website to see upcoming events!
The Maysville location offers a variety of wonderful perks for their patrons:
1. We have a room devoted just to children and their activities. We have toys and books and this is where we hold story time. The children enjoy having their own space where they don't have to be so quiet.
2. Being in a small community, we are very interconnected with our patrons. We know almost all of them, know about their families, what they like to read and they seem like they just enjoy talking to us.
3. Also being in a small community, we are involved in community outreach. Along with the City of Maysville government, we host a community Egg Hunt at Easter and participate in the Fall Festival and parade in October.
4. Classes/Events include: Adult Spanish Classes (Monday), Storytime (Monday), Sewing Group (2nd and Last Tuesday) and Book Club (Second Thursday)
Nicholson (Harold S. Swindle Public Library)- https://nicholson.prlib.org/
The only Passport Acceptance Facility in Jackson County! We can assist with passport applications by appointment: (706) 757-3577
1. The Commerce Public Library is home to the Dorothy and Lamartine G. Hardman Jr. History Room, a wealth of local and state history as well as pictures, newspapers and microfilm. monthly programs on Korean Culture.
2. The library also has a Memorial Garden where families can sit and enjoy a good book or have a picnic.
3. We offer monthly programs on various aspects of Korean Culture.
4. We have ESL classes, an interactive children’s program called Kidsercise and new Anime Club for teens among much more.
5. See below for their February 2020 calendar of events! You can find updated calendars and events on their website.
You can also check out the hours and special events for these locations: