Spring Break is here! For kids, this means a week off of school and lots of fun, but for parents, it means a whole week of keeping your children entertained!
So if you don't have the budget or availability to pack it up and vacation for a week, what can do you do keep your kids occupied? Check out some of our favorite daytime adventures that are fairly local and would make great spring break activities!
1. Elachee Nature Science Center in Gainesville offers tons of fun things to see, especially if the weather is beautiful. They even have a day camp for spring break if you need a place to take your kiddos while you work! For more information on what there is to do at Elachee: https://www.elachee.org/plan-your-visit/campus-overview/
2. Bear Hollow Zoo in Athens is another fun (FREE!) outdoor activity if the weather is right! See the animals, enjoy outside, and then stop over at the playground to run off some energy. Check it out: https://www.accgov.com/bearhollow
3. Interactive Neighborhood for Kids (INK) in Gainesville is always a good time! Great for imaginative play for kiddos. For more information: http://www.inkfun.org/
4. Stone Mountain Park: Alright, it's definitely a hike to get there, but Stone Mountain offers a day full of fun adventures! We always love to climb the mountain and get a treat at the top (but if you haven't done it before, would not recommend with children younger than probably 6-7!). Ride the train, and it looks like they have a dinosaur adventure going for spring break! For more information: https://www.stonemountainpark.com/Activities/Events/Spring-FUN-Break
5. Yellow River Wildlife Sanctuary: As a child, visits to Yellow River Game Ranch were ALWAYS a favorite, and when I took my kids last year after it reopened, they loved it just as much as I always did! For more information: https://yellowriverwildlifesanctuary.com/visit/
6. Fishing at Jefferson City Lake- We took the kids today, and while they didn't get a bite, we had a GREAT time enjoying the sunshine!
7. Parks! My kids always love a great trip to the park. Talmo Park is one of their favorites, and we always enjoy a lunch trip across the street at Talmo Market Grill for a delicious burger.
8. Washington Farms for strawberry picking- If they have days available, this is always a favorite! We'll be headed that way tomorrow for U-Pick strawberries and then head home to make some strawberry shortcake...YUM! Stay up-to-date on their availability on their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/WashingtonFarms